Inspiring Sound Capability
The i3 is packed with over 800 instruments, 200 sound sets, and 270 authentic musical styles, all created by a team of master programmers and musicians. An additional 59 custom drum kits and a complete MIDI GM2 sound set make the i3 a capable instrument. Calling up any of the 200 factory Sound Sets allows up to four sounds to be played at once: three-layered across the upper keys, and one split to the lower keys. While Sound Sets are played in real-time by the user, the 270 Style Sets contain various pre-programmed drum, percussion, and accompaniment parts to elevate your performance into a full-sounding musical production. In order to achieve this full sound, there are up to eight parts that make up your backing tracks.
Weighing in at under 9 pounds (4kgs) and featuring 61 full-size, velocity-sensitive keys the KORG i3 is the most compact and lightweight arranger keyboard KORG has ever made. The keyboard response is adjustable using the three-touch curves designed to fit your playing style. Convenient transpose buttons shift the pitch of the keyboard up or down and a versatile X/Y joystick allows for real-time articulation of pitch bend, vibrato, and brilliance during a performance. The front panel controls are conveniently grouped together by function and a backlit LCD display clearly delivers the most important information regarding the i3’s current setting.
The KORG i3 inherits an easy-to-use arranger interface distilled from our renowned Pa series keyboards to help you put together ideas quickly and efficiently, making it easy to enhance any performance by adding in additional parts. Drumbeats, bass lines, percussion hits, and any other backing parts can be instantly selected or muted by pressing the convenient illuminated push buttons on the main panel. Style performance settings, sound set settings, tempo, effect settings, can all be saved into a single Set List location for instant recall. There are 10 banks of Set Lists, each with 5 locations to save your favorite configurations.
Compose, Record, and Share
The KORG i3 Arranger offers a number of ways to easily capture your musical creations, and with convenient one-touch recording, your ideas can be quickly captured when inspiration strikes. A powerful and easy-to-use sequencer can function as a linear 16-track recorder, allowing any individual track to be edited or replaced as you fine-tune a recording. Once recorded, a project can be exported as a MIDI data file or as audio. WAV (44.1 kHz) file. The onboard sequencer can even playback audio files saved in the. WAV (44.1 kHz) or MP3 format.
The i3 Arranger features plenty of connections to satisfy any musical situation.
When not running on battery power, the i3 can be connected to an AC power source using the included adapter. There are two 1/4″ outputs (Left/Mono and Right), and a useful 1/8” stereo headphone output jack that makes it easy to connect your favorite pair of headphones. A 1/8” audio input is also provided for easy play along with functionality with your favorite tracks. A 1/4″ foot controller jack is provided, with the function of the footswitch or expression pedal being defined in the settings of the i3. A MIDI output jack sends note and timing data from the i3 to other MIDI-equipped instruments or audio gear. Two USB ports are provided, one that can save and load user data and songs to and from a USB flash drive, and the other to connect the i3 to a computer.
- USB-to-host; USB-to-device
- 61 full-sized, velocity-sensitive keys
- Auto-power off function preserves battery life
- Runs on battery power or included AC adapter
- 3.5mm stereo headphone jack; 3.5mm audio input jack
- Onboard Sequencer with Backing and Backing Sequencer modes
- 1/4″ foot controller jack for sustain/expression pedal (definable in settings)
- Performance Recording mode captures an entire performance as audio data
- Height : 3.15″
- Width : 40.83″
- Depth : 11.65″
- Weight: 8.82 lbs.
- MIDI I/O: Out/USB
- Number of Keys: 61
- Polyphony: 64 Notes
- Velocity Sensitive: Yes
- Audio Inputs : 1 x 1/8″ TRS
- Headphones : 1 x 1/8″ TRS
- Audio Playback: MP3, WAV
- USB : 1 x Type A, 1 x Type B
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4″ TS (L/R)
- Type of Keys: Full Size, Synth Action
- Pedal Inputs : 1 x 1/4″ (foot controller)
- Sequencer: 16-track, Real-time recording, 999 Songs
- Number of Effects: 2 x Stereo Effect Processors, 173 Variations
- Other Controllers: 4-way Joystick (pitch bend, vibrato, brilliance)
- Presets: 790 Sounds, 59 Drum Kits, 200 Sets, 270 Style Performances
- Power Supply : AC Adapter power supply (included) / 6 x AA batteries
- Effects Types: Reverb, Delay, Modulation, Overdrive, Rotary Speaker, Dynamics, and more
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY